Deborah Walker's Job Hunting Tips
If you have a position open, SMPTE/SBE will post for 60 days
at no charge as a service to our membership.
Please send your job postings
via our web form on the Contact Us page
3-7 years of directly related work
Interra Systems is seeking a highly motivated, talented individual to be a key contributor to the Company’s growth. The ideal candidate is looking for a rewarding career opportunity as an application engineer fully involved in the pre and post sales processes for Interra’s digital media product lines.
Provide technical support to existing and potential customers and business partners for Interra’s Orion product line, a real-time content monitoring product used in broadcasting and streaming. Other products in Interra’s DVT product family include a Baton, file based QC tool, and Vega, a suite of media analyzers. Support is typically provided through:
- Conducting sales/product demonstrations
- Providing pre-sales and post sales technical support
- Directly offering installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting of Interra tools – either onsite or using commercial remote support tools.
- Developing sample mini-applications based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility/functionality
- Conducting on-site and/or web based training
- Interfacing with engineering teams to address customer issues in the software tools (if any) and responding to the customer with issue resolution
- Working with the engineering team to provide customers’ requirements for product development and road map.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Three to seven years relevant experience in the digital media industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, IT or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of most major technical disciplines necessary for analysis, integration, and support of digital video broadcast and delivery systems. These include, but are not limited to technologies and practices in the areas of:
- MPEG-4 H.264/AVC/ VC1/MPEG2/ DVB/ AC3/ AAC/ WMA
- Video system solutions (off-air, cable, telco, etc.)
- Video signal processing and video quality for Standard and High Definitions
- Knowledge of Video-on-Demand (VOD), IP TV, Broadcast, Studio and Post Production set up
- Proficient in scripting using Perl, Python, etc.
- Significant interest in the digital media market and emerging technologies as applicable to Interra’s customers and products.
- Self-motivated and hands-on person with a desire to elevate Interra’s solutions and solve customers’ problems.
- Strong verbal, written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Travel (both domestic/international) is required.
If interested and qualified, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com Principals only. Please, no recruiters.
Please indicate the position title and send your resume to: Interra Systems 1601 S. De Anza Boulevard, Suite 212 Cupertino, CA 95014 Phone: +1 408 579 2000 Fax: +1 408 579 2050 or
Title: Chief Engineer
KSE Radio Ventures in Denver (KWOF, KXKL, KIMN) is seeking a Chief Engineer. They would also be open to contract engineering assistance.
This position is responsible for the deployment, monitoring, maintenance and repair of broadcast radio equipment and Broadcast IT computer, data network assets and sports networks.
Have full understanding of technical facilities, complex broadcast production equipment systems as well as computer and data network assets in the Broadcast production environment.
Ability to rapidly diagnose problems and provide alternative solutions if needed to maintain production deadlines.
Ability to comprehend complex concepts and workflows.
Participate and contribute to the design, development and deployment of complex broadcast production equipment systems as well as computer and data network assets in the Broadcast Engineering environment.
Participate and contribute to the training of staff radio operators, promotions staff and air talent in the operation of studio and remote broadcast equipment and systems.
Occasional direct execution or participation in major or high-visibility remote broadcasts and/or promotions.
The employee must be able to work evening, weekend and/or overnight as needed to accommodate projects, facility availability, and emergency service.
The employee, along with the Director of Engineering will be on 24-hour call and will serve as the standby when the Director of Engineering is unavailable.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Strong technical experience with radio broadcast equipment.
Understanding of customary equipment, design, documentation and integration of radio broadcast systems.
Knowledge of Wide Orbit Automation for Radio.
Knowledge of Harris (GatesAir) Vistamax routing and mixing systems.
Knowledge of Telos Axia / Vx Audio over IP and telephone systems.
Familiarity with the Wheatnet Audio over IP Routing and mixing systems.
Knowledge of essential broadcast IT concepts including (but not limited to); Microsoft client and server operating systems, IPV4 (IPV6 a plus), SAN/NAS systems, Broadcast IT architecture, system wiring and network performance analysis.
Awareness of, (if not proficiency with) Cisco networking, firewall and IP Switches.
Proficient in Microsoft Visio or other technical concept and documentation applications.
Knowledge of Burk Arc+ and Arc 16 facilities control and monitoring systems.
Experience maintaining and supporting AM and FM transmission systems.
Directional AM transmission and FM master antenna environment experience a plus.
Experience in radio station renovations or facility build outs is a plus.
Strong communication skills.
Ability to express complex concepts verbally and in written documentation.
Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and motivation.
Ability to maintain knowledge of technology and industry trends.
Work in a 4-station AM & FM radio broadcast facility with a shared studio complex and 5 transmission locations supporting music, talk, & network-based radio products.
Ability to perform functions under tight time constraints is critical to this position.
Ability to acquire or produce and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and meet company vehicle driving standards.
Education or Formal Training:
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Communications, Broadcasting or Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience.
SBE certification preferred as a Certified Radio Broadcast Engineer (CBRE) and Certified Broadcast Networking Technologist (CBNT).
A minimum 5 years’ experience utilizing the aforementioned skill set in day-to-day support of a radio broadcast facility. Primary focus during this work experience should have been operating and supporting a varied array of radio products.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
Stand up to 1/3 of time.
Sit and/or walk up to 2/3 of time.
Lift up to 50 lbs. up to 1/3 of time.
Moderate to very loud noise.
Frequently will be in a studio or at a live event with unforeseeable environments.
For more information or to apply:Click Here
On-Call Television & Video Engineer - Technology Services
About Our Job
The City and County of Denver is taking its marketing efforts to the next level. Denver Marketing and Media Services is embracing an opportunity to break out of the traditional government box and grow The Mile High City brand with innovative, video, and digital-led marketing solutions that speak to our customers – the people who live, work, and play in Denver. We are seeking an experienced and passionate individual to join our team.
Denver Marketing and Media Services manages the city's brand identity and works to create and support strategic efforts aimed at promoting the City and County of Denver. The department serves as a resource for all city agencies, advising them on marketing opportunities and best practices; traditional and emerging tools; design and messaging tactics; and helps to facilitate and leverage citywide sponsorship opportunities.
Denver 8 TV, our video production and online presence are vital parts of the city's global marketing endeavor. We are working to enhance customer experience by aligning digital technologies with marketing and communications efforts. Denver 8 TV provides live coverage of city council and committee meetings, public hearings, news conferences, election events, public policy forums, music shows, magazine show, and other original public policy programming.
Denver Marketing & Media Services for the City and County of Denver is seeking an On-Call Television & Video Engineer to support the operation, repair, and maintenance of television technical systems and equipment at Red Rocks, Levitt and Denver 8 TV production locations.
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules. This position's schedule will depend on the client's needs.
As an On Call Television & Video Engineer, you will provide engineering and technical support for various video productions at Red Rocks and Levitt concert venues. This will include set–up, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, monitoring of various audio, and video equipment. These items include but are not limited to recording and production equipment such as: cameras, microphones, public address speakers, mixing boards, fiber connectivity, network, video monitoring, wiring/cabling, lights, lighting systems and any other related electronic equipment required to successfully record and distribute video products and programs.
Additionally, as an On-Call Television & Video Engineer, you will:
• Be responsible for performing corrective, routine, upgrades and maintenance on video production equipment.
• Work closely with the Denver Marketing & Media Services clients, Chief Engineer, technical directors, editors and the producers to ensure productions meet our quality standards & rules for compliance. Your work will be reviewed for adherence to instructions, accuracy, completeness and conformance to standard practice or precedent.
• Be a contact for the public or employees where explanatory or interpretive information is exchanged, defended, gathered and discretion and judgment are required within the parameters of the job function.
• Drive a City vehicle to various work locations, which will also include hauling equipment to/from Red Rocks and Levitt.
• Have the ability to work all shifts required by a 24/7 operation
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following required minimum qualifications:
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering Technology, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of professional experience designing and installing video broadcast facilities and repairing other telecommunication devices to the component level.
Education & Experience Requirement: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
Licensure & Certification: Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
About Everything Else:
CI2903 Television Engineer Hourly
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Pay Range $56,954.00 - $91,126.00
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
Title: Belden Grass Valley Technical Customer Support Engineer
The Technical Customer Support Engineer (Services and Support Engineer) performs tasks associated with providing technical support and field services to Grass Valley’s customers and internal field engineers via phone, remote access tools, or onsite as necessary. This position provides professional services, including product commissioning, solution implementation, training, system maintenance, and problem troubleshooting. This position is best suited in Denver, CO but will require travel and an after- hours tech support rotation.
• Works with call center to identify/verify customer issues, and determine proper handling including warranty, Service Agreement, billable hours or goodwill.
• Understands and evaluates customer issues to determine if escalation is necessary and if so, clearly identifies & documents the problem including steps to reproduce the issue.
• Works cross functionally to resolve performance issues and defects within Grass Valley hardware and software products. Such resolution routinely requires analysis of complex systems and customer use cases, and in some instances may require escalation and coordination with other groups within Grass Valley.
• Listens to customer to understand and evaluate reported issues then clearly identifies the problem for the internal audience and documents steps to reproduce problem.
• Participates in the ON-CALL Rotation within assigned product group.
• Follows prescribed professional services plan while at the customer facility, which may include a
formal project plan developed by a Grass Valley project manager, standard product commissioning checklists, training curriculum, or problem troubleshooting guidance provided by the supervisor, peers, and/or R&D.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum five years’ experience in technical support in the broadcast and video production industry. BS/AA in technical fields a plus.
• Excellent IT background and knowledge, including Windows Server and SQL
• Experience with Service Installation of complex IT and Broadcast Systems
• Technical Experience on a variety of broadcast equipment and workflows including, but not
limited to: Video Routers, Multiviewers, Encoders, Multiplexes, Modulators, Transcoders, Video and Audio probes. Video over IP, Monitoring iControl solutions, configuring complete Windows/Linux-based video systems, advance computer network, file-based workflows, digital video compression formats, non-linear editing, RAID storage, and server virtualization.
• Flexibility to easily adapt to customer needs including travel or adaptation to schedule changes.
• Excellent analytical skills including the ability to clearly document and analyze customer issues.
• Ability to deal with demanding customers in live broadcast environments.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customer personnel at all levels, including executive
management. Such communication, whether by phone, email, or in person, must maintain diplomacy while presenting technical information in a clear manner.
Candidates can apply through the link below, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org directly.